Moroccan Cauliflower Fried Rice
Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesServes: 4
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (about 1¼ pounds) AFS® Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- ½ medium white onion, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Moroccan seasoning blend
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
- In small bowl, whisk eggs and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- In large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add Cauliflower Fried Rice; cover and cook 4 minutes or until cauliflower starts to soften, stirring occasionally. Add carrot and onion; cook, uncovered, 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Moroccan seasoning; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Move Cauliflower Fried Rice mixture to 1 side of skillet; add egg mixture to opposite side of skillet and cook 1 minute, undisturbed. With spatula, scramble egg and stir into vegetable mixture. Stir in raisins; cook 2 minutes. Stir in orange zest; cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in cilantro. Sprinkle almonds over top.
Chef TipTo toast almonds: In small skillet, cook almonds over medium heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring frequently.
Note from the Dietitian
Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamin C and lower in carbohydrate and calories than most rice. This recipe contains 14g fat (52% of total calories). Consider serving with a carbohydrate-based side or using this dish to balance higher carbohydrate meals in order to manage carbohydrate intake to about 60-70% of your daily caloric intake.